If you are from the EEA, Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland or Switzerland then you do
not need a visa to come to Ireland. For the rest of the world, there are two lists for the
purposes of student visas – those who need to obtain a visa before travelling to Ireland
and those who will validate their visa once in Ireland. To check your visa status go to
The process for non EU members is:
- If you are coming from a non-EU country you should apply to your nearest Irish
- Embassy in order to obtain a student visa.
- We will send you a letter of confirmation for your chosen course which you may
- submit to the Irish Embassy along with your other documentation.
- Letters of confirmation are issued on receipt of your initial payment.
- DELS will provide help and support to students on any issues pertaining to immigration. Our head coordinator will be on hand to assist students with any issues they may have.
- In the event of your visa into Ireland being refused all fees will be refunded less14 days before arrival.
- a €150 handling charge. This is subject to the school being notified a minimum of