Students who want to tailor-make their language programme to suit their individual needs
Students looking for the highest possible standard in accommodation
Students who wish to explore the west coast of Ireland and Wild Atlantic Way
Students who are looking for a warm and welcoming environment
Students who are looking for a quality product at an affordable price
Students who want to learn about Irish culture in a fun and exciting environment.
Students who choose the one to one programme must fill out a needs analysis which helps us identify your exact English language learning needs and design your programme prior to commencing the class
The One to One course is tailormade for the student who needs to make rapid progress or concentrate on a particular area of English such as grammar, pronunciation, an upcoming exam or a job interview. Students complete a one to one needs analysis prior to commencing. This helps our experienced teachers to assess your exact learning needs and develop your classes around them. Individual tuition can also be combined with other programmes to maximise your learning capabilities.
*For all beginner to elementary students we recommend One to One tuition.
To ensure that students enjoy their stay with us and immerse themselves in Irish culture and way of life, we organise regular activities, social and cultural events including:
-Tour of Bundoran -Water activities
-Team building events -Nature and seaside explorations
-Irish history and culture lesson -BBQ’s
-Movie nights -Traditional pub nights out
-Bowling nights -Gaelic football
-Celli nights -Irish Music and dance show
-Quiz nights -Photo and video competitions
-Food days -Book club
-Weekly cultural excursions to places including Glenveagh National Park, Queen Meabh’s Grave and Sligo town, Slieve League, Lisadell House, Parkes castle, Marble Arch Caves and Derry City.
* The number of evening activities organised varies according to the number of students in English Language Courses but is generally two – three per week.
A welcome pack on arrival
A tailor made English language programme to suit you
A social activity programme
Local transfers to school and activities. No bus or train tickets needed
A teachers report & certificate of attendance & achievement
Free bike rental on a first come first served basis (host family)
Free transfers from Ballyshannon
Hours Per week
5-20 hours per week
Depending on hours chosen
Minimum 1 week, no maximum
Bundoran, popularly known as Ireland’s Premier Seaside Resort and Surf Capital, is located on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean along the Wild Atlantic Way. This is an ideal place to live, visit, or simply to relax. Bundoran and the surrounding area offers a wealth of activities and facilities to suit all tastes. Here is a SURF GUIDE of all the local spots where you can enjoy surfing when you are here.
Bundoran has been the destination choice of tourists since the 18th century. It has everything expected of a seaside town along with breathtaking countryside, stunning coastlines.
Annual festivals in and around Bundoran provide excellent opportunities for international visitors to make friends easily. These include Sea Sessions, Rory Gallagher Festival, October Country Music Festival and Ballyshannon Folk Festival to name but a few.
With many traditional Irish pubs offering live music, nightclubs, shows, restaurants, it is easy to find something to do during the evenings.
For the outdoor enthusiast activities include golf, hill walking, surfing, kayaking, horse riding, deep sea fishing and cycling.
If you are coming with the family , there is a wide range of activities to choose including bowling, cinema, waterworld, adventure park, indoor play centre
Whichever course is chosen, Bundoran provides a good base for travelling along the Wild Atlantic Way including Slieve League, Glenveagh National Park, Donegal Castle, Lisadell House, Mullaghmore, Glencar Waterfalls, Sligo Town, Parkes Castle, Omagh Folk Park to name a few.
Students can also easily visit some of Ireland’s major cities and cultural sites.
Donegal English Language School provides premium accommodation through our Residential Centre and a selection of Host Families. Self Catering, Bed & Breakfast and Hotel Accommodation can also be booked.
Our adult residential accommodation is situated in 2 locations; both are less than one minute’s walk from the Atlantic Ocean and Donegal Bay and 5 minutes walk from the school and town center.
The house is very spacious with sitting room, dining room and a well equipped kitchen and free WIFI. All rooms are ensuite and we offer private rooms or room share. Some rooms offer sea views. Arrival and departure is Sunday. Check in is from 4 pm and departure 11 am.
Is a Period house (100 years old), newly renovated to a high spec. It's ideally located with amazing views of the mountains one side and Donegal Bay on the other. Most rooms are ensuite or have a shared bathroom and we offer private rooms or room share. The rooms are very spacious with sitting room, dining room and a well equipped kitchen and free WIFI. Arrival and departure is Sunday. Check in is from 4 pm and departure 11 am. (Please note that in June, July and August, that guests use the sitting room and dining room from Zephyr)
We work with a select number of hosts that offer a warm welcome and a home from home experience. All Homestays are within 5 – 15 minutes of the school and Town. A private en-suite room with half-board accommodation is offered (breakfast and an evening meal). Lunch can be offered for an additional fee.
Self Catering, Bed & Breakfast, Hotel Accommodation
We work closely with a select number of self catering providers, bed and breakfasts and hotels all within a short distance of the school. Please let us know your choice and we will organise your preferred accommodation.
Is a beautiful two bedroom apartment overlooking Donegal Bay. It is situated 100 yards off the shore in the middle of town and 10 minutes’ walk from the language school in Bundoran. The apartment accommodates up to 4 people.
One to One Tuition
Tuition One to One Tuition €55 per hour (Over 10 hrs €50 per hour)
Course Book General and Intensive English
FCE/CAE Examination Registration
Course Books IELTS/FCE/CAE/WSV/Bespoke Business English
IELTS Examination Registration
Programme booking fee
1. Zephyr Lodge Residential Accommodation (includes continental breakfast)Additional night in shared/private accommodation €33/€46 to be added.
€220 per week (shared room) €310 (private room)
€240 per week (shared room) €330 (private room)
2.Host Family (includes half board, breakfast & dinner)
€195 per week (single room) €190 per week (shared room)
€210 per week (single room) €195 per week (shared room)€245 per week (not on language course)
3. Casa Del Mar (residential, self-catering)
€170 per week (twin room) €260 per week (private room)
€190 per week (twin room) €280 per week (private room)
1.Airport Transfers from Dublin are €70 each way in peak season (April, June to mid-September) Collections are between 11 am – 6 pm and drop offs are between 11 am – 6.00 pm on a Sunday. Transfers are grouped together, students will have to wait for the arrival/departure of other students. Alternatively there is a public bus that runs every two hours from the airport and the cost is €19.50 one way. This bus goes to Ballyshannon. We then offer free collection/drop off between 9am – 8 pm. Outside of this time a taxi can be arranged. Taxis are approximately €10 one way.
2.The fee for a private transfer is €240 one way.
3.We also offer collections from Knock airport which has flights from Italy. For an individual transfer the fee is €95 one way and if sharing the transfer the fee is €50 per person. There is also a public bus every two hours and costs €16. We then offer free collection/drop off from the local bus stop.
• European citizens must bring a EHIC European Health Insurance card (E128). Medical Insurance can be arranged at a cost of approximately €40 for four weeks or under | €50 for six weeks or under | €55 for 12 weeks or under | €125 for 52 weeks
• Text book (all books and materials are included for programmes of 1 week only)
• For courses of more than one week, books must be purchased at €35. Books for Exam Preparation programmes are €65.
• A private room can be included for €90 (per week)
• An administration fee of €25 applies to all accommodation booked.
• There is a booking fee of €50 for all programmes
• A fee of €45 per week applies to students who have special dietary requests eg nut allergy, celiac. A fee of €15 per week applies to students who are lactose intolerant.
• Lunch (Monday to Friday) can be included for €40 per week. Class hours are reduced to 2 hours for class sizes of 3 or less.
• Group tuition is only suitable for students of English level pre-intermediate upwards on all adult programmes. For students below this level we recommend the one to one programme
• The fee for selecting a private room in residential accommodation on the English and Activity programmes is €70 per week
• Bank Holiday 17 March, 13 April, 4 May, 7 June & 30 October 2020, there will be no English classes, students are offered an excursion/activity in place. Classes will run as normal 3 August 2020.
• Group tuition is only suitable for students of English pre-intermediate level upwards. For students below this level we recommend the one to one programme.