Termini e condizioni
The minimum age for a student’s enrolment in the Adult School programme is 18 years. The student must reach this age before the course commences.
The minimum age for a student on the Junior Programme is 11 years of age. We accept students of 8 – 10 years of age on the weeks that the family programme are running.
• Course prices include English level test, end-of-course Certificate, and photocopied materials.
• Text books on all Junior courses are inclusive of price apart from the Exam Preparation Courses.
• Exam Registration fees and textbooks are not included in the tuition price.
• Course prices are non-refundable.
• Accommodation prices include board and other facilities as described in the brochure.
• Accommodation Changes: Should a student wish to change family, we will do so after giving due consideration and in discussion with both student and family.
• We have two junior accommodation facilities- main residential @ Portbeg and Bundrowes House. Students will be informed after booking which accommodation they will be allocated to
• We have two adult residential accommodation facilities. Zephyr Lodge and Casa Del Mar. Students will be informed after booking which accommodation they will be allocated to
• Accommodation is offered subject to availability, and should be booked well in advance, especially at high season.
• Accommodation fees are non-refundable.
Class Size and Levels
• Class Size: max 15; average 12 for juniors and 6 for adults. If class sizes are smaller than 3 persons, a more intensive English Language programme will be put in place.
• General English, Combination and Private Courses start each Monday from March to October.
• Arrivals and Departures are Sundays unless otherwise agreed.
• Group classes are subject to a minimum booking of 1 week.
Postponement of Courses
If you cannot attend your course you may postpone it. All postponements must be made in writing at least seven days prior to the course start date. You have three months in which to inform DELS of your new dates and pay the re-arrangement fee of €65. DELS will hold all fees already received for the three-month period.
Holidays for long-term students
Students are entitled to take 2 weeks’ holiday during a 25-week course. Full homestay fees will be charged if the student wants to keep their room in the family. There is a fee of €80 per week to store luggage in the host family.
We offer beginners on the adult programme one to one tuition only. If a student tests at beginner level we will offer the the same value in one-to-one tuition based on a teacher being available. Group tuition for all levels is available on the junior programme.
Booking and Payment Conditions
• To book a course please fill the Registration Form provided by DELS and email it back to us.
• Courses must be booked at least 28 days before arrival.
• Upon receipt of confirmation invoice a e 20% deposit is due. Full payment is due if you require a visa.
• Payment should be made in EURO and should reach the school account 6 weeks prior to student’s arrival.
• Payments should be made by Bank Transfer or by Paypal.
• All payments should be marked with your invoice number and student’s name.
• We cannot guarantee that we have received payment unless your bank transfer carries your invoice number and name.
• All bank charges are the responsibility of the student.
• Cancellation up to 14 days before course commencement. The full amount will be refunded less €150.
• Cancellation 7 – 14 days before course commencement: 50%, of course fee will be refunded.
• Cancellation less than 7 days before course commences no refund will be issued.
• After commencement of course: No refund will be provided.
• There is no refund of fees for days missed during the course or for late arrival or early departure.
• Should a student have to cut short his stay for a valid medical reason only, the remaining fees will be refunded or credited (subject to a minimum deduction of 25%).
• Students opting for a less intensive program after the commencement of course will not receive a refund.
• Accommodation payments are non-refundable.
Insurance & Health
• Students are strongly recommended to take out full travel and health insurance in advance.
• EU Nationals must bring E111 Forms or an EHIC.
• Students are responsible for their own personal effects during courses.
• We will not cover costs that may arise as a result of the need for repatriation of a student.
• Students are advised to insure against loss of fees/expenses that may be incurred due to cancellation or sudden early departure from a course.
Permission is given for the use of student comments or testimonials and photographs/images of students in the official promotional material for DELS by the student or their parents or legal guardian with acceptance of these terms and conditions.
• We do not assume responsibility for loss, delay or accident of any kind whatsoever that may occur due to fault or negligence of any company.
• The School reserves the right to cancel any arrangements or bookings without prior notice if payment conditions are not met.
• The student is responsible for any damage he or she may cause to buildings, furniture, fittings, individuals, host family property etc. while registered with Donegal English Language School. Should a student behave in an unseemly/inappropriate manner that may bring the school or its agent into disrepute or cause damage to its reputation or standing in any way, either real or imagined, he/she will be asked to leave the school immediately.
• We reserve the right to change without notice the contents, dates, times or any other details of the course/s brought about by political events, natural disasters, weather or any other events considered by the organisers to be pertinent.
DELS gives notice that all arrangements for transport, activities or for accommodation are made by DELS as an agent upon the express condition that they shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity which may be occasioned either by reason of any defect in any vehicle or through the acts of default of any company or persons engaged in conveying the passenger, or in carrying out the arrangements of the programmes, or otherwise in connection therewith or of any family member. No responsibility is accepted for losses or additional expenses due to delays or changes in air, sea, rail, bus or other services, sickness, weather, war, quarantine, strikes or other liability.