Click on the question to view further information.
When was the school established?
Is the school recognised?
What qualifications do your teachers have?
What nationalities visit your school?
What facilities does your school have?
The adult residential accommodation is only a 5 minute walk from the school and offers a well equipped kitchen, dining and lounge area.
The junior residential accommodation is only a 3 minute walk from the school and offers a kitchen, dining and lounge area in each house along with a recreational area.
How do you select host families?
What happens on my first day?
On the first day of school, students take a test covering reading, writing, listening and speaking to ensure that they are placed in a level most suitable to them.
If the students have opted for one of the activity packages, their chosen sport takes place in the afternoon
Student Coordinators are on hand to help and assist all students throughout their first day.
How do you ensure student welfare?
Each student is assigned a coordinator who helps the student on their first days with us. The role of the coordinator is to ensure the smooth transition into daily life at DELS for the student. Each student also meets the DOS, school manager and head Coordinator, who reassure the students as to their accessibility should any issues arise. The coordinators are on hand 24/7.
What age of students do you accept?
Adult Programmes – 17 years old +
Do I receive a certificate?
Are laundry facilities available?
Adult programme – For students staying in the residential accommodation or host family, laundry facilities are available.
General Travel Information
Do I need a visa?
The process for non EU members is:
- If you are coming from a non-EU country you should apply to your nearest Irish Embassy in order to obtain a student visa.
- We will send you a letter of confirmation for your chosen course which you may submit to the Irish Embassy along with your other documentation.
- Letters of confirmation are issued on receipt of your initial payment.
- DELS will provide help and support to students on any issues pertaining to immigration. Our head coordinator will be on hand to assist students with any issues they may have.
- In the event of your visa into Ireland being refused all fees will be refunded less14 days before arrival a €150 handling charge. This is subject to the school being notified a minimum of 14 days in advance.
Can I work during my time in Ireland?
Do I need health and travel insurance?
€40 for four weeks or under
€50 for six weeks or under
€55 for 12 weeks or under
€105 for one year
If you are undergoing medical treatment, please bring a medical certificate and sufficient medicines to cover your stay in Ireland.
What’s the weather like?
What do I need to bring?
As much as we love our “green country”. The weather can be quite variable so we advise all students to take the following:
Warm clothes, a towel, waterproof jacket, a travel adaptor.
Classroom: Notebook & pens
Travelling: Valid passport/ID Card & a photocopy of your passport/ID Card
Photocopy of ID, kept separately to passport
Baggage: Each airline has individual baggage weight restrictions. Please adhere to them. Also leave room in your bag for presents going home. We have had experiences of students paying up to €100 for excess baggage and don’t wish to see this happening again.
For students on the activity packages, we will send you a separate information pack including information on what to bring for your activity holiday.
Mobile phones and internet: Most mobile phone operators have an agreement with Irish networks so please check with your operator before arrival. For students here on a longer stay we recommend that you purchase a sim card or a ready to go phone which is a lot more cost effective.
Internet access and WIFI is available for students to use.
Do I need an electrical adaptor?
It is advisable to buy adapters before arriving in Dublin, adapters are usually readily available in most airports.
What is Donegal English Language School’s environment impact statement?
In todays day and age everything we do has an impact on the environment. We at DELS have taken the following steps to try and minimise this impact while providing an experience that is contributing to local communities, responsibly marketed and culturally respectful. This is confirmed by the fact that we have received the Greenbox Eco Tourism Certification
Below you will find some of the procedures we have put in place
– With our language and activities packages we try to promote a sustainable lifestyle in so far as all activities are within the vicinity of the premises, each have a minimum impact on the environment and are outdoors. The activities include horseriding, surfing, cycling, abseiling, canoeing, walking etc In relation to our language courses all teachers are employed locally alot of class work is digital, we also ensure all photocopying is double sided. In relation to all activities 90% of our guides are local. The maximum number on each course per guide is 10 people. On all cultural excursions the students are also taken to local areas of historical importance and visit local craftsmen.
– We have a recycling system in place for our students in the kitchen. All food wastage is recycled into compost.
– We source as much of our food possible locally. All other food purchased is bought in bulk ensuring that we cut down on packaging. If a product has a lot of packaging we reconsider its purchase. We have nearly cut out all printing, with our brochure now downloadable from the website. This has cut down on paper wastage.
– The horse riding trails go into some protected areas and our guides ensure that the designated paths are always used and there is a strict leave no trace policy on all our trails.
– Our guides are well equipped with knowledge on local wildlife and how to best help maintain the beautiful countryside and wildlife.
– We are constantly looking at ways to reduce our carbon footprint while maximising your stay with us and look forward to seeing you in the near future.
What are the company details?
Company No: 518788